The weather gods were on our side as more than 90 golf players took to the Remuera Golf Course. The wonderful products supplied by some of you kept the golfers fed and watered on course.
The 19th hole provided a welcome relief to most, where we enjoyed a talk by Guy Wilson sharing some of his coaching experiences with legend Lydia Ko. A hearty buffet was followed by prize giving where this year players were able to choose their own prizes.
Results of the day are as follows:
Best Golf Phil Morris Trophy Winners - Starting Tee 10 Team – score 52.62
- Paul Woodhams – epay NZ; David Blythe – Goodman Fielder; Campbell Wilson – Philip Morris; Jamie Wilson – Red Bull
2nd 18 hole - Starting Tee 17 – score 52.75
- Michael Tutty – The Better Drinks Co; Shane O’Rourke – The Better Drinks Co; Blake Salmon – Z Energy; Scott Freeman – OCG Consulting
3rd 18 hole- Starting Tee 8 – score 53.25
- Paul Rewha – BAT; Jason Kennedy – Coca Cola; Roger Smith – epay NZ; Derek Larsen – Goodman Fielder
Longest Drive - Jamie Wilson Red Bull
Nearest the Pin - Scott Freeman OCG Consulting
Samsung smart phone 2Degrees draw - Dipak Bagia Red Circle/CSB3
Best Golf 9 holes - Team 2A
- Cameron Brewer – Bluebird Foods; C Andersen – Goodman Fielder; Chris Ryan – Imperial Tobacco; Stephen Mason – 2Degrees
Thank you to those who completed the feedback survey. A brief summary of the results is as follows:
- 83.3% were Satisfied or Very Satisfied with the event
- Two-thirds of you would definitely attend again
- 50% thought the talk was mostly ok or average with over a third of you enjoying it
- It was completely split down the middle regarding whether winners should be allowed to choose their own prizes or have designated prizes so the jury is still out on that one
- The most frequent comments about what you enjoyed most about the day related to the event being a well organised day where you enjoyed great company in a relaxed atmosphere and had the ability to network
- In terms of improvements there were a few suggestions to start the day slightly earlier and finish up earlier, that there should be more suppliers contributing and showing their products at the various holes, there was a comment about playing in your own company team and another saying that people within the same company should not be playing in the same team as it is a networking day, that it would be great to see more retailer participation and that the prize giving should be more polished
- The majority were in agreement with the registration system being easy, the venue being suited, the food being what should be expected and the price for the day being reasonable
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you at the Peter Jowett Scholarship and Industry Awards Event on 21st August. For those young ones who want to go to Las Vegas be sure to register your intent to participate in the scholarship. You can click here for more information.