The Peter Jowett Scholarship Award is a unique opportunity for NZACS members to challenge others in New Zealand and internationally in thinking about our industry.
The Peter Jowett Scholarship Competition topic has been determined by the countries participating in the competition namely Canada, Australia, UK and New Zealand. The 2014 topic is:
“How should the convenience industry enhance service in order to create a customer experience that can build a sustainable competitive advantage and generate profitable sales? Utilise key findings and examples from other channels or industries and provide relevant timing and costs associated with implementing such a concept.”
Employees from Retailer and Supplier member companies are invited to select candidates between 21 and 36 years of age for the 2014 competition (candidates must be no older than 36 years of age on 31st of May 2014).
- Participants will be required to register their interest by 30 April 2014.
- Participants will be required to submit a draft PowerPoint presentation (include brief explanation of each slide), a one page / slide executive summary and a biography to Roger Bull NZACS Chairman on [email protected] no later than 30 June 2014.
- Local judges will assess all submissions and select the supplier and retailer finalists. These finalists will present their 12-minute presentation at the Peter Jowett and Industry Awards event scheduled for 21st August 2014 at the Crowne Plaza hotel.
- The audience of members present will vote on the presentations and select the best supplier and best retailer presentation. Winners will then travel to Las Vegas to take on international finalists at the NACS Show from 7 – 10 October 2014 for the international award.
- Some members, in the past, have run an internal competition for their staff as a way of selecting their candidates. This is an excellent development program for people working in the convenience channel.
The criteria for selection at the Final will be:
We look forward to welcoming our 2014 entrants. To register your interest please click on the link below:
Peter Jowett Scholarship Interest Registration