Over 110 NZACS members took part in the golf day held on the 29th April which turned out to be the last day of sunshine.
The 9-hole option provided much relief to the hackers who enjoy taking part but don’t want to stress of walking a marathon. Unfortunately there were no winners on the $10 000 hole-in-one offered by 2Degrees but the winners of the day were the Breast Cancer Research Trust who walked away with over $10 000 that had been raised by generous supporters on the charity hole and the live auction with the highly entertaining Shane Cortese as the auctioneer.
- Taking away the best 18-hole golf and the Philip Morris trophy was Peter Glass (Imperial), Frank van Hattum (BP), Tim Stevens (Star Metro) and Ricky Sparks (Toops).
- In second place was Campbell Bruce (Frucor), Chris Ryan (Imperial), Andy McDowell (Fonterra) and Scott Bell (Star Metro).
- Third place was Roger Smith (epay), Matt Asplin (Frucor), Martin Foye (Z) and Matt Phillips (Coca-Cola).
- Sheldon Kearns (Frucor) won the longest drive and Stephanus Duvenage (BAT) was closest to the pin.
- The first place winning team for the 9-holes was Trent Orange (Red Bull), Darryl Webster (Bluebird) and James Christian (Nestle).
- Fluer McKinney won Most Generous for her contributions at the charity hole. Kate Watson did brilliantly securing a signed 2011 framed All Blacks rugby jersey which was won by British American Tobacco. Epay cleaned up the rest of the auction items.
Thank you to all for making the event a success.
Be sure to diarise the 29th August 2013 for the Peter Jowett & Industry Awards event and 24th March 2014 for the next NZACS Golf Day.