The opportunity has come for those in the convenience industry to shine on the local stage once again and also win one of two fantastic prizes.
The Peter Jowett Scholarship Award is a unique opportunity for NZACS members to challenge others in New Zealand in thinking about our industry.
Both our winner and runner up will receive
$1,000 Personal travel prize
$3,000 Professional development grant to be used in conjunction with their respective companies.
The 2021 Topic is:
“In light of COVID 19 and the changes in shopper behaviour and dynamics, what opportunities has this pandemic presented for Convenience retailers to change the way they retail and look for areas to deliver sales growth and foot traffic for their businesses”.
Employees from Retailer and Supplier member companies are invited to select candidates between 21 and 36 years of age for the 2021 competition (candidates must be no older than 36 years of age on 31st of May 2021.
- Participants will be required to register their interest by 31st May 2021 by emailing Dave Hooker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants will be required to submit the following by emailing Dave Hooker email@example.com by 1st August 2021:
- 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation (include brief explanation of each slide)
- An executive summary covering the following:
- Your plan / idea (what is your idea)
- The argument (addressing the topic)
- The reasons (how your idea will work)
- Presenter biography (e.g. who you are, your career path)
- Local judges will assess all submissions and select the six finalists. These finalists will present their 10–12 minute presentation at the Peter Jowett and Industry Awards event scheduled for October in Auckland.
- The audience of members present will vote on the presentations and select the best two presentations.
In the past some members have run an internal competition for their staff as a way of selecting their candidates. This is an excellent development program for people working in the convenience channel.
The scoring guidelines for selecting the finalists for the New Zealand competition are:
> Addresses the question 40%
> Innovative thinking 25%
> Idea could be implemented 25%
> Quality of presentation 10%